You are applying for the position: Business Development Representative
Lumiata is an Artificial Intelligence company purpose-built for the healthcare industry. Powered by over 100 million patient data records, clinical, risk, and financial algorithms, Lumiata enriches payers’ and providers’ analytic and predictive capabilities with a platform and pre-built models that help to manage healthcare costs and risk. A healthcare company’s journey to deploy AI for the purposes of delivering cost prediction, high-cost claimant identification, and chronic disease onset prediction is accelerated through Lumiata’s:
- Line-of-Business Applications (Underwriting, Risk, Care Management); and
- Toolkit for Data Science Teams (AI Platform)
We are currently looking for a resourceful, driven, team player with a competitive spirit, and strong business acumen to generate new product and services revenue. A successful Business Development Representative at Lumiata will have experience identifying opportunities, prospecting and engaging new customers, doing deep levels of discovery and objection handling at every level. They are engaged with their customers throughout the sales cycle, from account planning, through the development of the deal, to the close of business, and beyond. The Business Development Representative will identify and understand client business requirements and make recommendations that leverage our capabilities, resulting in a win-win relationship. They are committed to utilizing the CRM tool to its full capacity to help drive the business and exponential growth.
The Business Development Representative has responsibility for the attainment of monthly prospecting and sales goals. The right candidate must be able to develop and maintain or leverage existing relationships with Senior Executives (C-Suite, VP, etc.) within our target markets. The candidate must be able to develop and execute a targeted sales plan within prospective accounts, including target identification, prospecting, organizing resources, leading meetings and demonstrations with prospects, closing deals, and facilitating contract negotiations. In addition, this role requires revenue goal attainment The Business Development Representative should bring a track record of successfully selling technology to solve business problems.
- Execution of a sales plan with a focus on meeting and exceeding individual sales productivity goals
- Outbound Outreach
- Ability to develop and deliver demonstrations of the Lumiata offering to C-level executives
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Social media outreach
- Engage prospects for more information
- Ability to sell healthcare technology solutions
- 3-5+ years of Professional Sales Experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience with Telemarketing
- Experience selling to C-level and Senior Executives
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
- Highly organized and the ability to track activities, opportunities, and contacts within the customer relationship management system on a daily basis
- Minimum of 5+ years of enterprise software sales experience
- Experience in healthcare enterprise sales
- Knowledge of insurance risk a plus
Based in Silicon Valley (San Mateo), Lumiata’s team is composed of data scientists, engineers, and industry experts. Lumiata is backed by Khosla Ventures, BlueCross BlueShield Venture Fund, Intel Capital, Sandbox Industries, and other leaders in healthcare and AI.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Lumiata is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.